Valdes rumoured to move to Liverpool

It’s been over 5 months since Victor Valdes has been a free agent after he was released by Barcelona and was expected to join a club in Qatar or the French side As.Monaco but a move could never be completed as he picked up an injury which interfered with the transfer.

Guardiola Looking To Land Valdes

Pep Guardiola is believed to be looking to land the Spain International Victor Valdes at Allianz Arena.

Valdes was all set to sign for the French club Monaco this summer, but, because of his slow recovery from the injury that he had sustained last season, that deal broke down.

Guardiola had said last week that he feels his squad is a goalkeeper short and he would probably be securing the services of one pretty soon. Now, it seems he had made that statement keeping Valdes in mind only.

As Valdes has already been released by Barcelona, he can be signed on free transfer.

Monaco Confirm Lack Of Valdes Signing

French club Monaco have confirmed that they will not be signing former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes on a free transfer as initially reported. Monaco were seen as the favourites to get the 32-year-old goalkeeper, who left Barcelona after more than a decade. Valdes is currently recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament injury that he suffered last season. It saw him fail to bid proper goodbyes to Barcelona after being carried on a stretcher in his final appearance for the club. The injury appears to have put his move to a new club in jeopardy.

Barcelona Willing To Offer Contract Extension

Barcelona FC has made it clear that in case Victor Valdes decides to cancel an away move, the club can think of giving him a contract extension.

Valdes’ contract with Barcelona is going to get finished at the end of this month and the Spaniard was ready to take a free transfer to the French Club Monaco after that, but, unfortunately, the knee injury that he had established in the latter parts of the last Season got worsened and he had to go under the knife. That led Monaco, which was very keen to secure his services, to withdraw its bid.

Valdes Announced Departure From Barcelona

After spending 12 years with Barcelona, Victor Valdes has announced his departure from the Spanish club as he will be leaving the club based in Camp Nou with an anterior cruciate ligament which he suffered during Barcelona’s league match against Celta de Vigo.

This injury will be leaving Valdes out of action for the 2014 World Cup as well as he had to miss out from a number of league matches for Barcelona as they had to resort with utilizing Pinto for the last few stages of the season.

BARCELONA READY FOR DIFFICULT SEASON

Victor Valdes has said that Barcelona will be ready for a difficult season ahead. The Spanish international stated that he is not concerned about what Real Madrid does in the transfer market this summer, and is focused only on his club.

“I do not want to talk about Real Madrid. I am only talking about Barcelona. We know that another tough and long season awaits us, but we will be up for it,” Valdes was quoted as saying by El Periodico de Catalunya.

“People know my philosophy. For me, football is all about having the ball and winning games. My personal task is not to concede goals.”

VALDES LOOKING FOR REAL MADRID

Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has said that the prospect of facing Real Madrid excites him more than anything else, according to the Free Football Bet website.

The Spanish champions defeated Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 in the second-leg of their quarter-final tie in Ukraine on Tuesday evening to go through 6-1 on aggregate.